free hit counter

St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church

163 Whisconier Road Brookfield, CT 06804
Telephone: 203-775-1035, E-mail: Stjosephbrookfield@parishmail.com

         
  Home Request a Prayer Light a Candle Online Giving

REGISTRATION

Parish Registration

Please call, stop in the parish office

or download this form and send it St. Joseph Church

Click Here to download registration form


 

HISTORY of Saint Joseph

Saint Joseph Parish traces its history to the late 1880s
when local farm families donned their Sunday best
to worship once a month in the old Meany house
which still stands near Brookfield’s “Four Corners.”

We were, however, a mission of Saint Francis Xavier Parish
 in New Milford, CT, until 1941.

With $8500 borrowed from the Archdiocese of Hartford,
our first pastor, Father Patrick Quinlan
 purchased a furnished rectory on Long Meadow Hill Road,
and land for the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
 which fronted on Whisconier Road (Route 25) behind the rectory.

The second pastor, Father Victor Piaskowski,
 succeeded Father Quinlan in 1945,
and began dreaming of a school.
The present facility opened with five grades in 1958,
and added a grade each year until all eight grades were functioning.
 A chapel built under the school gymnasium
 became the first “church” on the current parish grounds.
 

In the mid-1980s, a fund raising drive was launched
to build a stand-alone church building.

The present Saint Joseph Church was dedicated in April 1992.  

 

 


Back to Top